Friday, September 14, 2012

BLUE SKY HOTEL


Pictured above is the No. 1 luxury hotel in the city, called the Blue Sky Hotel.  This country is called blue sky country because Mongolia has beautiful blue skies almost every day of the year (sorry Montana) excluding this particular day.  There are 4 very expensive restaurants situated here so doubtful if I want to spend a $150 or so on just a meal and one drink.

A quiet day today as I continue to work on my Judge's 4-hour lecture.  Next week I will likely meet an official from the Ministry of Justice for a conference.  Tomorrow I hope to visit the Victims of Political Persecution Museum which gives explicit detail and exhibits re the purges of the 30's and other atrocities suffered by Mongolians.

 Meandering along, did you know that many significant Russian names are descended from the Mongolian language,e.g., Kremlin and Moscow.  Chingiss Kahn placed these Mongolian terms into the lexicon of Russia during his occupation of the 13th century and thus they exist today through revolutionary times and all.  And so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and appreciate your feedback.