Saturday, October 26, 2013

Mongolia Museum of Fine Arts




I spent a good part of the day meandering around the Fine Arts Museum and thought I would share some of what I found.  This museum is known for its "superb" collection of paintings and sculptures of Mongolian life going back to the 2nd century B.C.

The first pic is of the White Tara, the Goddess who relieves all suffering (done in bronze in the 17th Century); second is the 3 Long Life Buddha Deities dating about the same age; third is the Kalachakra Mandala "dollhouse" containing the 722 deities of Buddha.  The Dalai Lama has said this art object is meant to bring peace and reduce tension to all that gaze upon it. 

The final pic is called the Airag Feast and is a famous painting by the Mongolian artist B. Sharav . It depicts a significant aspect  of Mongolian life. I was  pleased to be allowed to take these photos and so I pass it on to you for your view also.  And so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and appreciate your feedback.