Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Not a Typical Wednesday

The pic is of a friendly local family with a Mongolian father and a U.S. mother.  They are Mungunkhet Jargalsaikhan and his wife who initially hails from a small town in Louisiana.  They met up country in Mongolia where her mother and father worked.  She arrived with them some 16 years ago and they have been married 12 years with four well behaved children.  We met at Best Burger & Dogs nearby where the establishment serves up a very good Chicago-style hot dog with fries.

They operate a non-denominational Christian TV Station whose motto is "We will show you the good news."  Indeed, they explained they are nothing like U.S. based TV ministries in that they do not ask for money.  As they mentioned, do not think of Jim and Tammy Fay Baker or Jimmy Swaggart when you think of their work (or may I add-their behavior). Their company made for an enjoyable lunch.

Now for the rest of the news.  The electricity went out again as I was doing a wash so I had to wait awhile before I could finish that.  This occurs about twice a week so I need to get used to it.  Of course I cannot cook, make coffee or get WIFI when this happens.  In the interim, though, I was able to complete preparations for my seminar on website law and how to protect yourself from litigation as a host of a website.  The law here is vastly different than the U.S. and much more strict.  And so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and appreciate your feedback.