Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Safely Home/Veterans Day



I am now safely home and today was invited by my granddaughter Anne to participate in her school's Veterans Day Honors.  The two pics above tell the story of the event.  Following the ceremony at Mohawk Trails Elementary in Carmel, Anne invited me to have lunch with her and her girlfriends from the first grade.  They were all quite chatty and I enjoyed the day thoroughly as a nice respite from busy days in Mongolia.

Am now at my Indy office downtown typing this post as one of my final essays of the trip.  I feel that I accomplished much but know that much is left to do as we help the country move ahead democratically. For now, I intend to submit my written recommendations derived from the two day national conference to Global International which in turn will deliver them to the Mongolian Government for its consideration. And so it goes...

2 comments:

  1. Dan, love the picture of you and Anne! She is so lucky to be able to have you come to her school and participate in the Veterans Day Program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice comment. I just added another pic from that event at Mohawk Trails Elementary.

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and appreciate your feedback.