Friday, September 28, 2012

FAREWELL PARTY-SEPT 28


The staff held my farewell party at bd's Mongolian Barbeque and the dining experience was simply great!  I learned that it is the top choice of the various mags including The Lonely Planet book on Mongolia.  It is a create your own stir-fry so you select the meats, veggies, condiments and sauces and then the cook who is pictured above barbeques this mixture on a huge skillet surface then tosses in the sauce (mine was soy, kabuki, chili, and some other very hot sauce that sizzled the meat and onions and added good flavor).  I had two helpings along with two drafts of Chingiss beer.  We closed this very popular restaurant at 10 and I just got home.  Yes, the place was packed but all others left by 9:30. 

They will be asking me back so that is something to ponder.  All winters are off the table of course but Naara and her staff have treated me well and I feel that GI and I can make a difference. I believe that if there is a next trip it will be for a shorter period of time.  My senior lawyer friend, Sig Sorenson of Baker and McKensie will also be helping out.  He is due to come in about two weeks from now for one week to work specifically on the draft of the media freedom bill currently pending.  That is something I discussed with the Minister of Justice.  And so it goes...

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun evening. I hope packing goes well and you have a safe journey home. Looking forward to talk to you on the phone.

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and appreciate your feedback.