Saturday, September 8, 2012

AB & F STEAKHOUSE


Here the English teachers and I are at the steakhouse, another hole-in-the-wall spot where Mongolian beef steaks in large and small sizes are served.  We all drink beer here since the water and/or ice cannot be trusted.  What a great place!  The steaks on the other hand were lean and tough just like the cattle they came from.  This place is in a questionable part of town and getting a cab to and from here is difficult. I doubt if I get back to this haunt.  As for the sports part, the only thing on the tube was one of last year's hockey games.  When I asked if they could bring in the latest developments at the golf event in Indy, they wanted to know from which planet I had just arrived. These teachers are from Baltimore and England via Zimbabwe and seem acclimated to the city.  I walked for an hour after the dinner looking for a cab.  Finally a cabbie came by and I got a ride, but after ten minutes a tire popped and we all got out to fix it in the dark.  Mind you I had left the steakhouse before dark but by now the evening was on.  Fortunately, another cabbie came by and gave me a lift the rest of the way (about 45 minutes).  The traffic jams here are other worldly so one just has to relax and go with the flow as cars dart and cut back and forth and drivers honk and yell at each other.  And so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and appreciate your feedback.